In 1904 Max Pupkewitz arrived in Namibia and opened a wagon building workshop in Okahandja. In 1925, after having saved enough money, he opened a small shop in Ausspannplatz, stocking groceries and other essential household goods.
In 1933 Morris Pupkewitz, the eldest son, joined the general dealer business. By now the business was also dealing in cattle hides and skins as well as the karakul pelt industry.
In 1937 Harold Pupkewitz joined the family business. The business now operated with Max devoting his energies to the farm produce department, Morris in charge of sales and Harold being responsible for purchases and administration. In 1942, after the introduction of income tax, Harold became the firm's accountant and financial manager, in addition to serving as general manager.
In 1946 Mr. Harold established the Pupkewitz Builders' Merchant, changing the name to M Pupkewitz & Sons, and devoted his time increasingly to this arm of the business, with Morris taking charge of the general dealer arm. In 1952 branches for MegaBuild were opened in Otjiwarongo, Grootfontein, Keetmanshoop and Aranos. The Walvis Bay branch opened in 1953. In 1993 the business' name was changed to Pupkewitz MegaBuild.
Check out all our branches HERE
Check out our promotions HERE
PO Box 5087, Southern Industrial, Windhoek, Namibia